I'm a web and app developer, based in Skipton, North Yorkshire. I am a generalist developer with front-end specialisms. The user is king when it comes to everything that I do. If a system is not easy to use, it's not working properly. I use modern front-end tools such as Typescript, Sass and Pug to create performant experiences that are fast to load and easy to maintain. I use back-end languages and frameworks, such as Node, C#, PHP and Java, to build RESTfull APIs and bespoke Content Management Systems. I have extensive experience project planning, leading and managing teams of multi-disciplined developers and designers, whilst liasing directly with clients.
My professional career has allowed me to work with clients, including, First Direct, CBBC, Disney, Volkswagen, Asda, Pizza Hut, GAME and Willmott Dixon.
I can provide and support solutions using a range of frameworks and technologies including:
- Interactive development, including animations, canvas and charts.
- Mobile application development, including Angular, ReactJs.
- CMS development using Umbraco, WordPress or Drupal.
I can offer other services that are not programming focused.
- Project planning and requirement gathering.
- Team leading and mentoring.
- Personable client liasing.
Being a generalist developer requires experience with a lot of different software tools. Below, is a list of some of the ones I use more frequently.